BaseLayer is a project that I developed as a WordPress theme for artists who want to display and document their work on a web site. It has since been superseded by BaseLayer Three, which is a bit more modern and structured to work with WordPress 3+. I am still offering these themes for free, but no longer support or work on them. All future work is on BaseLayer Three so I would recommend using it instead.
There are built-in galleries for displaying groups of images and a system to keep track of titles, captions and descriptions for each piece of artwork. Printing from an image page will print in a professional dossier format and new blog entries can be made to automatically create a line in an artist resume or CV.
View some video tutorials about how to use BaseLayer as well as details on the
The main features of BaseLayer are:
- Portfolio pages with thumbnails and slideshows
- Documentation system that flows blog entries onto a curriculum vitae and artist resume
- Cascading menus that include sub-pages
- Customizable settings such as colors and font choices
- Use of standard WordPress features such as
Code: Bryan Leister, license: Creative Commons, ©© 2010